Top 10 tips for walking in Mallorca
Mallorca is a brilliant island to explore on foot. However, it’s best to be prepared before setting out. Here are our top 10 tips to make sure you enjoy your walk or hike on your next holiday visit.
- Wear suitable footwear and clothing. Light clothing and good quality walking shoes.
- Walk on the left side of the road. Invest in reflective clothing if possible.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Sunscreen, a hat and long sleeve clothing.
- Don’t rely just on your mobile. Take a paper map and compass too.
- Don’t go alone. Especially at night, as there are few lights and landmarks.
- Do thorough research. Know the terrain in advance and prepare accordingly.
- Bring extra food and drink. More than you think you need, especially fresh water.
- Take a first aid kit. You just never know when you are going to need it.
- Take a flashlight or torch. The sun can set quickly and you don’t want to be caught.
- Enjoy yourself! Respect the local flora and fauna and have a great trip!
Looking for a comfortable rural hotel to rest your weary feet? We have many hotels to choose from to suit all tastes and budgets. Simply click the links below to browse our beautiful hotels:
Ready to book now? Get in touch with us via the contact form